Making a Passion Fruit Salad dressing
One of the best way to consume passion fruit is by making a sweet tart salad dressing of passion fruits with strawberries and baby spinach or even a salad consisting of greens, pear slices as well as blue cheese crumbles.
The ingredients that you will need for its preparation include the following:-
- Two to three passion fruits
- A half a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- A tablespoon of lime juice
- A tablespoon of vinegar
- Two tablespoons of honey
- A quarter tablespoon of salt
Directions for Preparations
- Slice the passion fruit into half and scrap off the passion fruit pulp along with the seeds into a saucepan. Cook the passion fruit pulp over low heat until it comes close to the boiling point and then remove it from the heat.
- The strain the passion fruit pulp through a fine sieve or a colander and get rid of the seeds. Allow the passion fruit juice to cool down.
- Place the cooled passion fruit into a blender jar alongside the olive oil, vinegar, honey, lime juice and salt and blend the mixture until it is smooth.
- Store the passion fruit salad dressing in a refrigerator for duration of up to a week. You can stir and shake the blend before you use it.